Monday, May 5, 2008

Using Antique Music Sheets As a Background


Today I am thinking about what to add to my painting I decided I will use vintage or antique gospel music hymn sheets. This will give an instant new meaning to my paintings with messages of hope, faith and more!

You can use these to create background texture and appeal I scan and make a copy of the original I guess it's because I don't want to ruin it.

They might not be anymore left in the world after awhile I use archival acid free paper that you can buy at office supply stores like office max or Wall Mart.

This is an example of what it would look like after scanning and printing




Just tear of edges around the music sheet I don't use scissors for this I like the effect of an uneven edge on my canvas. You can paint over the surface with acrylic paints after it has been completely dried.


No comments: